send resume to : email@example.com
Any visa is fine except OPT/CPT
Client Domain: Oil & Gas
Long term contract, Location Texas
Sr. Software Developer – Back End (Java)
Our client is developing cutting edge software in the oil and gas landscape, and we need a strong back end software developer. You will work hand in hand with our inhouse users and development team, meshing user needs and business objectives with technology capabilities to design products that delight both users and customers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of backend Java development experience
- Mastery of SQL and NoSQL database technologies
- Mastery of concurrency and multi-threaded programming concepts
- Strong understanding of inter-process communication methods including HTTP/ReST, Message Bus architecture, etc.
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment tooling
- Experience working in an Agile development environment using Scrum or Kanban
- Knowledge of service monitoring systems and platforms like Datadog (metrics and alerting), Jaeger (tracing), and Splunk (log indexing and reporting).
- Experience with AWS or other cloud providers
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Domain knowledge in upstream oil and gas, preferably in Oil Field Services or Petroleum Engineering
- Design and build stable and scalable production systems in Java with Spring Boot
- Design, develop and deploy systems and algorithms that process large data sets in real time
- Design, build, test and maintain REST APIs which serve web applications and microservices
- Work proactively to test full-system integration
- Write unit and integration tests to verify your contributions.
- Assist in implementation of infrastructure in AWS and deployment of software to said infrastructure